A couple of years ago, we ran this article. With a just few updates, it still rings true!The Top 10 Reasons to attend the 9th Annual Poverty Bay Wine Festival, coming to the Landmark on the Sound Event Center the weekend of March 1-3rd:
(drum roll, please)
10. Tastings from 25 Northwest wineries, each sampling two or three wines.
9. Live music! Including The Fabulous Roof Shakers, Carrie Clark, Meal Frog, Chad McCullough Trio, and Pearl Django .
8. If you’ve never been inside Landmark on the Sound Event Center, you owe it to yourself to see this magnificent architectural treasure.
7. Where else are you going to get wine, food, and live music all afternoon for $25? It’s still the best deal in town!
6. Proceeds support all the projects of the Rotary Club of Des Moines, including college scholarships, help for the hungry and homeless, and support for school children.
5. The Rotary Club of Des Moines also reaches all around the world helping people in Haiti, the Philippines, Nepal, and many other countries with our international projects.
4. Did I mention the food? Fresh bread, cheese, smoked salmon, Scotch & Vine, Forte chocolate, and our very own Poverty Bay Bistro featuring mouthwatering burgers, prawns and pasta.
3. As a bonus, we’ll have three car shows: Triumphs and Corvettes on Saturday and Mini Coopers on Sunday.
2. A special announcement on Opening night that you will not want to miss! Shhh…..
And the number one reason not to miss the Poverty Bay Wine Festival…
1. Not only will you be having a great time, you’ll be doing something good for our community and our world!
For more information about the Poverty Bay Wine Festival or to purchase your tickets , please visit http://dmrotary.org/poverty-bay-wine-festival/